Saturday, December 1, 2012

Difficult Customer

Fabio : Good evening. My name is Fabio. I'll be your waiter for tonight. May I take your order?

Robert : No, I'm still working on it. This menu isn't even in English. What's good here?

Fabio : For you sir, I would recommend spaghetti and meatballs.

Robert : Does it come with  coke and fries?

Fabio : It comes with either soup or salad and a complimentary glass of wine, sir.

Robert : I'll go with spaghetti and meatballs, salad and the wine.

Fabio : Excellent choice. Your order will be ready soon.

Robert : How soon it soon?

Fabio : Twenty minutes.

Robert : You know what? I'll just go grab a burger across the street.


Key Vocabulary

Grab (principle verb, present simple) ------> Get quickly

Go with (phrase) -------> To choose, pick

Would recommend ------> Suggest

Complimentary (Adj) -----> Free

Still working on (phrase) ------> Not yet completed, need more time

Supplementary Vocabulary

Impatient ------> Uncomfortable waiting, wanting to go

Fast food (phrase) -----> Food prepared and served quickly

Waitress (noun, singular) -----.> Female server at restaurant or bar

Fancy (Ajd) ------> Nice, expensive, upscale

Casual (Adj) ------> Relaxed, not dressy



No comments:

Post a Comment