Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cocktalis

If you go out to the bars, you've probably been in this situation. You wait in line, try to catch the bartender's attention. Finally it's your turn, and you've got a choice to make. What are you going to drink?


James : So I'm assuming you do like going out to bars and clubs or restaurants, correct?

Amy : On occasion, yes.

James : So do you prefer drinking when you go out?

Amy : Sometimes, I'm not gonna lie.

James : Do you enjoy cocktails?

Amy : I do, yeah. It kinda depends, sometimes I prefer to just have a glass of wine, depending on what I'm eating, but I do get excited for a fancy cocktail.

James : Do you like it on the rocks? Do you like it in a martini glass? Do you like to take shots?

Amy : I don't really like to take shots. I mean, for me, I don't know, I enjoy sipping on a cocktail, and I kind of like to enjoy the flavors of a cocktail, especially if it's, you know, something a little unusual, if the bartender has put some extra effort into trying to come up with a creative recipe.

James : So do you take the advice from the bartender, if you happen to ask him? Do you go by that decision or that choice?

Amy : I have my favorite types of alcohol that I tend to gravitate toward in a cocktail, but I'm also one of those annoying people who always is asking the bartender, '' what do you like?''

James : Well, don't drink too many cocktails.

Amy : I'll try.


Idiom and Phrases

- On the rocks ----> With ice.
- Take shots ----> Drink small glasses of hard alcohol very quickly.
- Sipping ----> Take a small drink of something.
- Bartender ----> A person who works at a bar, making cocktails and other drinks.
- Gravitate toward ----> Be interested in or attracted to.


No comments:

Post a Comment